1) Take a half drum and drill holes in the bottom for drainage.
2) Place sticks or stones in the bottom to help with drainage. (You don’t want the holes clogging up with muck.)
3) Place a layer leaves on top of the sticks.
4) Alternately layer newspaper and leaves. Remember to water thoroughly between layers. The newspaper will keep the leaves from drying out and the worms will eat the newspaper.
5) Add worms. You can dig them up in your garden especially after rain. This is where you recycle bad news into good news !
6) Add kitchen scraps. Worms will compost most scraps except for citrus peels.
7) I used this old trolley to stand the farm on, and placed a tray underneath to collect the worm tea.
8) The worm tea is an excellent compost that can be used directly in the nursery or on your veggies. Remember not to let your worm farm dry out.
Happy Worm Farming!