Tag Archives: Organic produceImage
Today John the Farmer made a salad from organic ingredients.
Cos lettuce, Wasabi mustard, whole baby Beetroot, Dandelion greens, Garlic Chives, Mint, Radishes and Nasturtium flowers.
Added chopped Olives and dressed with Olive Oil, Balsasmic vinegar and seed mix.
This gallery contains 5 photos.
The tomato belongs to the nightshade family. The plants typically grow to 1–3 meters (3–10 ft) in height and have a weak stem that often sprawls over the ground and vines over other plants. It is a perennial in its … Continue reading
Blanching of beans:
Remove beans from pods
1) Prepare a bowl of ice water with ice cubes
2) Rapidly boil water in a frying pan/ pot
3)Blanch beans in boiling water for 1min. (Beans go bright green)
4) Plunge beans in ice water
5) Drain beans and freeze on a tray in a single layer
6) Once frozen, store in zip lock bags.
7) Simply defrost beans and use as needed.